The Academy of St. Therese serves, supplements and supports parents in their primary mission of educating their children in a Catholic environment faithful to Holy Mother Church.
The Academy of St. Therese is a private, K-8 school teaching the Catholic faith in Gales Ferry, CT. We are committed to enabling students to live their faith by achieving the highest moral and academic standards. Our vision is based on our commitment to three core values: The Life of the Mind, Moral Choices, and Helping Our Neighbor.
We unite this moral imperative with academic excellence rooted in a classical, Ignatian education.
The Academy of St. Therese is a unique place where…
- students enjoy learning – and learn how to learn
- values are integrated within a structured curriculum
- a classical curriculum focuses on memorization, logic and rhetoric
- students learn in a Catholic environment faithful to Holy Mother Church
- physical education, art and music are considered vital to development
- students learn to develop a personal relationship with God
- violin and Latin are as much a part of the curriculum as reading and math
- students are motivated to unselfishly want the best for another
- leadership is fostered
- the art of inquiry is developed through the Socratic Method
- students learn for a lifetime